RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 12:20:40 EDT
Hi Ellie,

<< it has to store them up as toxins and they may become stimulatory, that is,
they can trigger detox events in nerve cells. >>

Thank you - this is what I was looking for. So what you're saying here is that
what you are referring to as "stimulation" can also be called efforts of the
body to detoxify or eliminate, and includes nerve cell activity as well as
endocrine activity and everything else that is involved in the process of
elimination?

That is an interesting definition. In other words, you see "stimulation" on a
continuum, where something like violent food poisoning might be at one end of
the spectrum, and something like an extra two bites of an apple at the other
end, with caffeine or Kool-Aid or cayenne pepper somewhere in the middle.

That definition puts the whole process of elimination and the energy
requirements of the body to perform this process in a more understandable and
easily explainable form.

Do I have it right, or have I distorted the picture somehow in my effort to
organize and clarify the impossible complexity of biology? Have I
misunderstood you?

Thanks again,

Love, Liza
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)