RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 07:31:30 +0100
Roberta,

> I guess I'm not aware of the combining effects.  I often eat (raw,
> fresh) fish and fruit (2 together, nothing else) as a main meal and did

Didn't you get flatulence from it? This would be one
of the most noticeable symptoms (no joke intended).

Other effects of miscombinations are tiredness, inflammations
and headaches.

> The combining idea - is not to have protein rich foods with sweet
> things?

Yes, and more. Reminds me of the old joke that Instincto theory
should be called "prescription theory" instead. :-)
There even is a "navigation chart" for lunch and dinner.
Generally speaking one shouldn't eat to many products in
one meal and should not mix fats or proteins or other heavy
meals with other, especially sweet, products. Meat is the
most heavy stuff, it shouldn't be combined at all. Fish and
seafood is somewhat easier, avocados and nuts can be problematic,
too. Even pollen and seaweed are proteins and should be combined
with care. And tomatoes, carrots, pumpkins and similar vegetables
count as sweet. Salad and herbs are most harmless.

All these rules are based on experience and I do now believe
them, also I don't always follow them. The best digestion is
often reached with mono meals, although these can lead to
detoxification symptoms, hunger, for example.

But all this theory aside, the main aspect of the theory is
the instinct, so if something smells really delicious, it
can be eaten. Especially children are known to eat amazing
combinations, without any problems.

-Karl