RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 20:02:43 -0400
On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Peter Brandt wrote:

> Vicki, surely I deserve better than to get more empty slogans sent my
> way. ;-) Many people in our society do very well on mainly cooked food
> diets as have many native cultures and aboriginal peoples down through
> time. This is not to say that their health would not have improved with
> more raw foods in their diets but calling cooked foods "poison" is IMO
> not only pure nonsense but also an expression of the kind of diet
> zealotry that so often gives raw foods a bad name.

I feel somewhat guilty here, as I did use precisely this [poison] word
to describe cooked foods in one of my previous posts.  It was a
poor choice of words on my part, I admit; and apologize, if I was the one
who turned this lovely forum into a battlefield.

However, cooked or not, a food is as good to me as the effect it will
have on my body.