RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 10:38:34 +0000
Hi Deborah and Zephyr,

I still hesitate to write an answer to your letters that will be very very
long. There are so much issues to be dealed with and a lot of things have
to be carefully explained.

To help me with some facts I would like to know from you:

Deborah, you mentioned, that Zephyr had his teeth dentally handled after you
met him. Can you/Zephyr give an exact listing, which types of material he
had in his mouth before the treatment and now? Also how many teeth are
treated, how many are intact?

Zephyr, how long did you practice raw nutrition, since when did you change
to instinctive nutrition and since when did you take Cassia? Did and do you
take Cassia daily or when?

I consulted my Pschyrembel (german clinical dictionary, in Germany a must
for each physician) for trichinosis and beside other interesting facts it
said that- trichinosis produces an extreme eosinophilia (correct word?), i.e. the
number  of eosinophils in the blood of the host increases extremely
- the encapsuled trichines survive in the muscles of the host for 10 to 30
  years- for later stages of the disease (which Zephyr certainly reached) a drug
  named Mebendazol will help.

But it doesn't say if the encapsuled trichines can reinfect the host again
within their lifespan. Also it doesn't say if Mebendazol kills the encapsuled form.

If you would like to give it a try I could get a description of Mebendazol,
translate it and send it to you. Furthermore it should be possible to buy
the drug and ship it to you if this isn't restricted by laws.

I wish you all the best and hope to hear from you soon

Stefan