RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:25:12 -0500
Just a note for those interested to let you know that the
Beyond Vegetarianism website is now open in full with a
lengthy slate of articles, located at:

     http://www.beyondveg.com/

Most material is based on scientific sources (predominantly
peer-reviewed) or the experience of long-term vegetarians
and/or ex-vegetarians, including those researching paleodiet
(evolutionary) findings and clinical nutrition as they
relate to these topics.

The site goes "beyond vegetarianism" in several senses:
questioning the usual vegetarian party line; exploring
issues related to diets that go beyond typical
lacto-ovo-vegetarianism (i.e., raw foods, veganism,
fruitarianism); as well as reporting on natural diets such
as instincto and paleolithic diet that go beyond
vegetarianism itself. A partial list of articles:

     Assessing Claims and Credibility in the Realm of Raw
     and Alternative Diets: Who Should You Believe?

     The Calorie Paradox of Raw Veganism.

     Comparing High-Protein/Low-Carbohydrate Diets vs.
     High-Carbohydrate/Low-Fat Diets.

     Looking at the Science on Raw vs. Cooked Foods.

     Intelligence, Evolution of the Human Brain, and Diet.

     An Ex-Instincto's Guide to Instinctive Eating...and
     crash course for the instinctively perplexed.

     Comparative Anatomy and Physiology Brought Up to Date:
     Are Humans Natural Frugivores/Vegetarians or
     Omnivores/Faunivores?

     Beyond Veg Light Bulb Jokes and other humor/satire.

     Ape Diets: Myths, Realities, and Rationalizations.

     Vitamin B-12: Rhetoric and Reality.

     Which Omnivore Diet? The "Omnivorism = Western Diet"
     Fallacy.

     The Cornell China Project: Examining the Vegan Claims.

     Why Failure to Thrive on Vegetarian Diets is Rarely
     Talked About.

     Rationalizations in Response to the Evolutionary &
     Hunter-Gatherer Evidence for Omnivorous Diets.

     Evolution and Vegan Choice: Continued Dogma or a New
     Honesty?

Note: As the effort to get the Beyond Veg site ready for
full release has been a major sustained effort, I hope no
one will be too offended if I do not respond to replies to
this post about the opening. Time for a rest! :-) However, I
think those of you who decide to check out the site will
find it to be a real treat. It has been a team effort
involving the help of a number of other individuals, and I
hope you enjoy it. (If you do have something you need to
ask, contact me privately at the address below and I will
attempt to respond, though I might be a little slow
depending on what the private email load in reaction to the
site turns out to be.)

Ward Nicholson / Beyond Veg site editor