RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 18:46:57 -0800
Jo Yoshida:
>More tellingly, could it be a reflection of a
>lack of acceptance by the individual involved rather than something as
>compartmental as "fruitarians are rabid extremists?"

Tom:
Indeed, there do exist people on a near-fruitarian diet who are not
rabid, hateful, dishonest fanatics. One problem is that the fruitarian
fanatics damage the reputation of the good folks.

Jo Yoshida:
>We would also benefit from hearing
Mr. Wolfe's side of the story on this forum....
> ...snipped...
>OK, "we've tried doing that," some of you may contend.

Tom:
David Wolfe and NFL have been thrown off multiple raw lists,
for consistent inability to behave in a rational, civil manner.

Jo Yoshida:
>These behaviors reinforce an unflattering
>stereotype: that we are flaky, self-righteous health nazis.

Tom:
It's a reality, rather than a stereotype, for many fruitarian advocates.
(There are decent fruitarians, per above.)

Jo Yoshida:
>The talented individuals directly or indirectly affiliated with Nature's
>First Law have contributions to offer and everyone in the alternative
>health community (NFL included) will probably realize that this adversarial
>approach is none too inefficient for the long-term (please no flames, I am

Tom:
In theory, even the worst criminal in prison can reform and become
a positive person. To date, there is no evidence (in my opinion) that
NFL has anything positive to contribute. Leading people to 100% raw
in a fanatical manner as they do, will harm far more people than they
help, in my opinion and experience. Individual health is more important
than dietary dogma; unfortunately NFL appears to have it backwards. So, while
in theory NFL might become positive, in my opinion there are no signs to
indicate that is likely to happen soon.

Jo Yoshida:
>We can simply agree to disagree, respect each
>other's positions and let it go.

Tom:
When has NFL ever shown respect for those who disagree with them?

Tom Billings