RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 22:37:13 -0500
Dave:
>I am the listowner of both the raw-food and the paleofood lists.

But moderator of only one. :)

>I have to confess that I have been spending most of my time with paleofood.

How can we trust what you say?  If you are not busy defending vegan
buffaloes, you are probably lurking on one of those cooked neolithic
boards
planning your next escapades. ;-)

>It has been very active and there is a lot of good information found there.
>I would recommend checking it out.

Whose side are you on anyway? :)

>Raw-food is a general raw food list. Both vegetarian and animal raw food
>can be discussed here.

Which is both its strength and weakness.  Raw-food used to be the only
online raw discussion forum but that has changed with the other raw
lists
that have formed.  I understand that a list for raw plagiarists is in
the
making - only posers can subscribe. :)

>Paleofood is a hunter/gather list with very little vegetarian discussion.

Actually, there has been quite a bit.

>There are many ex-vegetarians who found that their diet failed them.

Which is why. :)

>Also many of the subscribers eat their animal food cooked and some of them
>feel are not comfortable with discussions of eating raw animal foods. All
>of the germs, bacteria and parasites out there that are going to do them
>harm. So be easy on them.

You mean on the subscribers? ;-)

>I would also hope that there is still something to be discussed here.

Maybe if lurkers like yourself would contribute a bit more ...

>Am I the only 100% raw person on this list?

Don't worry.  You are probably not the only one aboard who has yet to
discover fire ;-)

>My diet has changed over the last thirteen years but with the exception
>of a two year cooked vegan period in the early 90's I have been almost
>100 % raw. I started out as a raw food vegan and started including RAF in
>1996.

You are obviously attracted to extremes.  Have you ever tried SWD -
the Standard Western Diet? ;-)

Best, Peter