RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Clingman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 20:30:04 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Douglas Schwartz wrote:

> >Can you point to some evidence that supports your claim that
> > too much protein will shorten lifespan even with calorie restriction -
> > and please define too much.

> I'll try to see if I can dig something up, but the stuff on the
> Eskimos with a raw protein diet should make it clear that it will
> drastically shorten lifespan.  So I hope this answers the question
> as to whether raw protein is bad.

I don't know.  There could be reasons other than protein intake for their
relatively short lifespan.  It could be due to the climate or to a genetic
disposition.  Or there could be some other lifestyle factor we don't know
about.  If a group of eskimoes switched diets and lived longer that might
prove something.

Michael