RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 07:50:54 -1000
Pet:
>   For some reason I'm thinking of the sacred Blood Type diet, a
>chiropractor's dream, with O the most ancient and A and B latecomers
>able to stomach dairy and grains.  Never mind that none of the great
>apes have type O though they DO have A and B (gibbons have O), and
>never mind that those cousins are ALL polytypic.   One should never
>let fact dominate ideology...

When I first read this I thought, "Uh-oh, the whole theory is blown." But
as I thought about it more I wasn't so sure. It seems possible to me that
the O blood type must've been useful to the "naked ape" which evolved in
response to the very different diet (higher % of animal foods) than the
other primates. I'm not up on the blood type theory but aren't most
hunter-gatherers type O? With the advent of agriculture a "reversion" to
earlier types makes sense to me as the diet is once again more plant based
(albeit grains). Then again, gibbons aren't exactly hunter-gatherers. :/

I don't know what factors might be involved, but I think the other primates
blood types is scant info to LOL at the concept of the possible human blood
type diet implications. Perhaps the primates show statistical correlations
between their health and their polytypic blood types, which would be very
interesting since they probably have a much more similar diet (in-group)
than humans do.

Maybe one should never let one "fact" wash out several others ;) What ever
the truth is, it is more complicated than "LOL at blood types"...or "LOL at
instincto" for that matter. ;) I'm no advocate of either, but Ms Davis
toddlers don't seem to invalidate every other nutritional idea out there,
but add delightfull complexity to the picture.

Some abstracts regarding blood types are at the url below (copped from the
paleo-symposium list)

http://www.dadamo.com/aanp-r.htm

Cheers,
Kirt