RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:31:13 +0200
Has anybody here been able to stop hair loss with an adequate diet? I
am asking this because I have lost hair in the corners of my forehead
(male pattern baldness). It's still not very visible but I wondered if
there was some way to stop the process. I have read that hair loss
could be caused by some B-vitamins and zinc deficiency, so I have been
taking a vitamin B complex and a zinc supplement for three months now,
but apparently this didn't help: I am currently losing over 50
hairs/day (perhaps 70?).

Interesting info on hair loss can be found at

http://www.keratin.com

and more specifically on androgenetic alopecia:

http://www.keratin.com/ac/acindex.shtml

Interesting fact:
Stump tailed macaques and certain species of chimpanzee develop
androgenetic alopecia.

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>