RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 20:11:07 -0800
--- Carol <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Theories may not change into laws, but that isn't
> the issue.  Some theories
> go on to be generally considered as facts while
> others don't.  And some of
> those theories that go on to be generally considered
> as facts are found to
> be incorrect when more and/or better observations
> are made.  That, I think,
> is the issue.
>
> Carol

This reminds me of a physics professor I had in
college. He was really into comparing scientists with
artists and stressing the "creation not discovery"
aspect of science. He said that scientists "created"
realities instead of "discovering" them. This is not a
bad thing. These various created realities that we
accept usually serve their purpose well until a new
reality comes along. He cited as examples the
Newtonian physics eventually being replaced by
Einsteinian physics, which is now being replaced
again. All these ways of seeing the world make sense,
but they do eventually give way to other ways of
seeing.
I know this is not particularly relevant to the
discussion, but that class just made a big impression
on me.

Lara

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1