RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:32:15 EDT
Lucia,

<< I don't know what she really eats. And, actually, to be accurate, she
 described her diet as mostly raw.

 Also, I don't think the point is whether or not one is "all" raw or
 not.  Is it? >>

Ah.  Big difference.  The point is not whether one is raw or all raw or 99%
raw or 100% cooked.  People are free to eat whatever they want, and ultimately
we all have to figure out on our own what we thrive on, moment by moment, day
by day.

What matters is proper communication and honesty.  If she claims a 100% diet
will work for people but eats 'mostly raw' herself, then there's a difference.
Or, if she says 'mostly raw' and other people say she eats 'all raw', then
reality is misrepresented.  Her image no longer represents her.  Diet is a
serious issue because people run the risk of developing malnutritional
disease.  It is best for all if we are careful with the details so that the
truth is related properly.

There's a big difference between a 100% fruitarian diet and a diet that is
'mostly raw'.  She might eat cooked whole grain pasta and that is the reason
why she is so successful on her diet.  Otherwise, she might waste away.  IT IS
VERY IMPORTANT to just be honest about what you eat, especially when you are a
public figure promoting raw fruitarian diets.

Thanks for clarifying it!!

aaron