RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:42:42 GMT
Hi Paul,

>JL:
>>May I ask you what kind of autoimmune symptoms you got, and which
>>vegetable caused which symptom? Just curious...
>
>Paul:
>The symptoms I notice are headache, tingling and mild pain in the
>extremities. It appears that any types of cooked green foods - I've tried
>broccoli, celery, green beans - will produce these symptoms. I'm not so sure
>about cooked orange or red foods (carrots or tomatoes); I haven't tried them
>alone cooked for ages...
>
>I do have other sensetivities also - these include cheese (including some
>raw I've tried), non-organic meat, at least some breads, heated vegetable
>oils (coconut oil is fine). Also I get symptoms sometimes if my body is
>detoxing something for some reason or doesn't get enough of important
>nutrients like protein (I had a barrage of symptoms last summer on a brief
>raw-veg 'cleansing' regimen).
>
>In general if I eat what I've found to be agreeable foods prepared in a
>proper way (for me), which I usually do, I don't have the symptoms I noted.
>.... Also no matter what I eat I still have a continuous
>mild fatigue

Lynton:
I was going to ask what blood group you belong to Paul, but having checked
broccoli, celery and green beans I find that these are not avoids for any
ABO type.  (There could, of course, be some in reference to other typing,
such as MN, but I have no information about this).

How do you react with olive oil?

There is also the possibility of pesticide toxicity.

One of the uses of proteins is for attaching to the toxic matter to enable
the body to excrete it - Glutamine I think is involved.  So fasting or
reducing protein could compromise someone who has heavy metal or pesticide /
other toxicity.

Do you know of a detox professional - I understand chelation therapy is good
for this, and its said to be quite safe.

all the best,
Lynton