RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ryan Cormney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 17:21:19 -0500
>At 19:03 5/25/98 -0500, Ryan wrote:
>>I've also come across a little on Biochemical Individuality(Roger Williams
>>UT at Austin), Fast/slow oxidizers(One of Gabriel Cousen's interests), and
>>sympathic/parasympathic dominance.

>DO YOU HAVE THE REFERENCE TO SHARE?

>>>I've also come across a little on Biochemical Individuality(Roger
Williams UT at Austin), Fast/slow oxidizers(One of Gabriel Cousen's interests), and
>>sympathetic/parasympathetic dominance.

>DO YOU HAVE THE REFERENCE TO SHARE?

http://chiron-h.com/tol/practice/index.htm
This is Gabriel Cousen's home page.  He used to have his fall news letter on
this site that talked extensively about Fast/slow oxidizers(I printed it out, I'll look for
it).

He now has just a brief paragraph on the determination of both
parasympathetic/sympathetic dominance and fast/slow oxidizing in his
description of the health programs at the tree.
Mainly he states that a blood pH is taken after eating certain
foods(determine nervous sys.dominance) and a glucose tolerance test is also
done to determine oxidizing patterns.

I discussed Biochemical Individuality with a physician in Dallas who
suggested that
instead of getting a blood panel done, to get an analysis of enzymes,
cofactors, and other products of minerals and vitamins(instead of just their
levels in the blood).  This yields a truer representation of the individuals
utilization of precursors.  This is known as a functional analysis(haven't
gotten it done, I think it is expensive and I'm not sure who does it, a lab
in Houston, I think).  Roger Williams is the Father of Biochemical
individuality.  His work was done at UT,Austin.  Unfortunately, he is no
longer with us.

Still looking for more information about the above topics.  I'll keep you
posted if I come across anything of interest.
Ryan