RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 20:29:09
>From:	Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>:

>I enjoyed your long posting.  What do you think of cereals
> (raw of course)?

I think close to what you do, that phytates (or whatever it is that
is in them) can mess up your minerals.  Sprouted grains are great,
but grains are not something we evolved to eat & are way too high in
protein to eat much of.  They probably are not going to harm you
very much if you eat relatively small quantities of soaked grains,
but why not just wait a few days & eat them when they have sprouted?

>I also enjoyed the one on fruits and chelation.  Apples have
>always seemed to be a great detoxifier for this body.

I have found citrus to be much better in this regard (grapes seem to
be pretty good too), & as it is high in citric acid (an outstanding
chelator) this is what you would expect.

--Doug Schwartz