RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 00:43:06 -0700
Thanks for piping up, Peter! I was beginning to feel like it was me against
the world. :)

>>>Egg yolks, in particular, seem to me an ideal baby food...

>>What???!!!

Peter:
>I agree, but from a different perspective.  I think that certain
>insects & larvae would be more ideal foods for babies as the proteins
>in eggs might be a little heavy for an infant.  From the vegetarian
>kingdom durians, bananas & soft coconuts would top my list.

You're probably right about the larvae. Bone marrow might be a contender as
well. And the Eskimos get lots of milage out of dried salmon roe for their
little ones. The list of raw baby foods is so long it's a wonder anyone
ever went to the trouble of cooking them.

Of course, the ideal baby food is breast milk from a properly nourished
mother, eh?

Cheers,
Kirt