RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (Swedish Vegetarian Society)
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 08:07:42 +0100
Well, let us (at least try to) clarify some things...

Michael:
>>"The fermentation and mechanical homogenization of many items
>>differentiates this diet (meaning living food) from other raw
>>vegetable diets."

Living Food means per definition food with the enzymes _alive_. No
coldexpelled oils allowed. It is also neutralized and made alkaline whenever
naturally acid, like seeds, nuts and cereals are. This is done by soaking
followed by sprouting and/or fermenting. In Living Food you don't combine
sweet fruit with sour fruit in one meal. Heavy proteins like seeds and nuts
are eaten seperately from cereals. Fruits are not eaten with veggies nor
with cereals, only by themselves or together with proteins.
Always organically grown ingredients, no meat or dairy, honey is OK.
Food is often mechanically predchewed in blender. Strong emphasis on indoor
grown greens from buckwheat, sunflower and wheat- or barleygrass.

(Remember, life is not as black and white as a description of it may seem :-)

>* instinctive eating - a philosophy geared to eating raw foods to satisfy the
>senses.  Many instinctive eaters are veggies, but some of them eat raw
>meat!  I don't know much about them and invite any instinctive eaters on this
>list to tell us about their philosophy and experiences.

All right, all right, I'll tell you all about it.
Instinctive diet is virtually no "diet", you can forget all you ever learned
about combinations, preparing and whatever. It is about eating only what
your body is attracted to. The natural way to find something attractive to
eat is by smelling the foods you have to choose from. The body has to be in
need of food (you got to feel real hunger, not just some old craving) before
you start. This way you communicate from your true needs, not what you
believe you need like we often do. The smell of the food is a message to
your body cells and they read it and respond immideately.

There are three possibilities that occurs after smelling some food:

1) You feel disgusted from the smell and should of course never eat such
things, even if you loved the food only yesterday or even if someone tells
you it is good for you - they can't really tell, can they? Not as good as
your body at least. Put it away and pick up something else!

2) You feel nothing special but the smell itself. This is not what you
should eat at this time, the body is not interested in assimilating this
food right now. Smell something else!

3) WOW! You're totally attracted to the smell from the thing in front of
you. It feels really uplifting just to smell it and your mouth starts to
water (don't drewle all over!:-). This is exciting, a little bit like
falling in love and/or getting physically aroused from the presence of your
partner. Now, this is a divine meeting indeed! Go ahead! Follow your body!
Eat the food that smells so good, whether it is fruit, veggie or meat,
anything goes as long as body and food agree about joining together. Eating
is a sacred act of healing/balancing and should be allowed to take time,
don't hurry. Eat slowly and stop when there is no more hunger, don't
continue until you feel fullness or beyond the point when the heavenly
feeling of eating is lost. This can be very difficult since the feeling is
so great and you may want to hold on to it somehow. However, eating too much
will spoil your pleasure, so be careful.

Instinctive diet responds to your actual physical needs like no other system
of eating can possibly do. It is not disturbed by your brains old memories
of passed great meals that it wishes to experience again. Such memories are
getting us out of contact with the present situation, we don't live here and
now when we think about food. Only by smelling, tasting or touching we stay
in our bodys reality. I have more to say on this subjct but that's another
mail...

May we all shine!

KK