RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 17:16:00 +0000
Hi Christian, below please find some info on blended salads from a
recent edition of my little email health tip. Enjoy!

Chet

Yes, the Bass/Cursio material makes a strong case for being wary
of extended fruit intake. I personally find their evidence very
compelling.

When you visited Health & Beyond Online, you sent me mail that you
wanted to receive my periodic health tip. Here it is!

If you no longer want to receive this sporadic publication, simply

The following material is provided for informational purposes only. If
you use this information without the approval of a health
professional, you are prescribing for yourself, which is your
constitutional right, but the author(s) assume no responsibility.

October 6, 1996
Health & Beyond Tips
Volume 1, Number 8

Well, close to two and a half months have flown past since I last put
out a health tip. I want to try to get a tip out in the mail to you at
least twice a month from here on out. I won't take a holy vow on
getting this done since my full-time job and monthly paper newsletter
have to take precedence, but I'll give it my best shot.

For this issue's tip I want to put in a few good words for the blended
salad. One of my health mentors, Dr. Stanley S. Bass, has recommended
them to me for years, but only recently (in the past two months) have
I started eating them like five or six nights of every week.

The result?

I feel the best I've felt since moving to a predominately uncooked
vegetarian diet over four years ago. So if you haven't tried blended
salads, please consider doing so.

How do you make a blended salad?

Simple. Let me walk you through my basic recipe: in my cheapo Waring
blender, I drop in a tomato which I have either quartered or whacked
into eighths, depending on the size. On top of the tomato pieces, I
drop in one small quartered baby cucumber (usually about the size of
two thumbs in length). I hit the grind button and turn these two
ingredients into mush.

Now it's time for a teaspoon of dulse. Then I add half of a bell
pepper (green or red). Next come five to eight leaves of Romaine or
other green-leaf lettuce. Pack all this stuff loosely into the
blender. Now pull off three or four good-sized celery stalks and add
them one at a time. Turn on the blender and use the celery stalks to
push the other ingredients into the blades. After some cussing and
frustration, the whole deal will eventually wind up as a liquified
mass that doesn't look very appetizing.

My wife and kids run around the kitchen yelling, "Yuck, you're going
to eat THAT?" just about every night. I give them my most superior
smile and nod sagely. Little do they know what they're missing.

So don't throw your blended salad away because it looks like baby
poop!

Instead, pour it into your finest crystal bowl, pull out one of your
best spoons from the silver cabinet, and then sit in a quiet
environment and enjoy a remarkably healthy and tasty treat. Not only
will you enjoy the taste (experiment with ingredients until you find
combinations that make your tastebuds yell "Wow!") but you'll also
assimilate more vitamins, minerals, and other goodies than you would
have had you chewed the ingredients separately.