RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carl Contino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 11:41:05 -0500
Help!!
         For the last few years, I have been trying to get a handle on my
food intake and general improvement of my health.  I have tried juice fasts
with SOME success, where my obsession with foods ( especially sugar- my #1
complaint ), chronic sinus infection, as well as mental fogginess, all
seemed to improve temporarily.  But as soon as the fast was broken, my
obsession with sugar immediately returned. I have successfullty been away
from  other addictive substances ( drugs, cigarettes, etc ) for a number of
years now, but can't seem to shake off sugar.  And paradoxically, the more
I concentrate on getting rid of it, the more tenaciously it's grip has held
me.  I then try the opposite approach,  I try to not think of it and place
my attention on other areas of my life, but that definitely doasn't work
either.
        Bottom line- I would like to be free from the obsession of food
without being obsessed about accomplishing this!!!  I don't want to rob
myself of joyful living by constantly trying to change who I am.  Is it
possible that some day I could eat one cookie for desert ( instead of one
dozen ) or enjoy say a glass of wine at dinner without worrying about
eventually having the alcohol eventually lead me back to drugs ( which is
what people of AA say ).  I would simply like to be free and to have a life
of my choosing- to have the powert to create the things that I want in my
life.
        Who do I listen to though?  The latest push that I am getting now
is from a friend who is doing the algae thing.  Magic pill deal.  I have
been reading the posts here for quite some time now, but end up more
confused. Raw, vegeterian, meat, dairy, etc.... Seems like the bottom line
is listening to my own body- a scary thing to me since it's been telling me
my whole life that things like sugar are good for me.
        Sorry for the incohernt rambling but my frustration is getting the
best of me.  I guess the overall queston in  my life is how do I turn my
intentions into reality, whether it be to learn how to put good things into
my body or how do I make my bussiness grow.  I don't know who to turn to.
Carl Contino