RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 15:21:44 -0600
>For grass fed, I read on the paleo list about Lasater Beef in Colorado,
>which is 100% grass fed.

This snippet brought up an interesting thought.  As some of you might be
aware, disposal of modern-day animal waste is a big problem.  While reading
Weston Price's 'Nutrition and Physical Degeneration,' I found a most
interesting experient.  I've been trying very dilligently to find it in the
book, but as I can not right now, I'll report on what I remember.

Their study showed that it was ecologically wise to feed our animals raw
plants (grazing).  In their study, they compared the waste from animals
eating three general types of food:

1) live plant foods (grazing)
2) grain/cooked plant products
3) cooked and processed plant products

Then they used the waste from each group as fertilizer for three different
groups of plants.  The plants using waste (1) as fertilizer flourished,
growing full and lush.  The plants using waste (2) as fertilizer experienced
moderate to poor growth, and The plants using waste (3) as fertilizer were
stunted and of very poor quality.

They also went on in further studies to show how our modern agricultural
practices were depleting our soil of important qualities, showing a direct
correlation to the decreasing quality of our agricultural produce.

I wonder, what consequences must occur before our world is ready to stop
such harmful agricultural methods?

Anyway, I'd be interested to know others' feelings on this topic, and/or
what others have learned about this.

Regards,

Ben