RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 08:32:13 +1200
There is a way to discover what foods will help or hurt your immune
system.  Because your digestive immune system is pretty closely tied
your blood group (ABO system), you can easily discover what foods
should
suit you.

There are other blood-typing that can be done for this, but the ABO
gives 90% of the answer.

Refer to the book by Dr D'Adamo "The Eat Right Diet" (paperback) or
"Eat
Right For Your Type" (hardcover).

This will help you to make intelligent choices of foods: the book
seperates foods into three groups: "Highly Beneficial" (these foods
enhance your immune system), "Neutral" (good for nutrition, but not
much
effect on the immune system directly), and "Avoid" (harmful to the
immune system).

The presence of lectins in food contributes to much of the above
grouping, and lectins are not destroyed by heat (as enzymes are).

It is possible to have the body go into "cleansing" mode even with
suitably chosen cooked foods: the author advises to adapt your diet
gently for this reason.

It is also interesting to find that many of the toxic foods are the
ones
we love the best! (Talk about addictions!)

Hope this helps.
Lynton