RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 15:00:29 -0800
Nieft / Secola wrote:

> I hear you, Ellie. I hope you don't consider that I was attacking anyone.
> IMO, Wes does have some idealistic blinders on at the moment but that
> hasn't stopped any discussion, has it?

Sorry Kirt, I didn't mean to imply you were attacking anyone. I was
thinking of the NFL people who are rigid and attacking Tom and others.
My point is that their rigidity (or anyone's rigidity) doesn't come from
idealism or from the food they eat. An idealist could be anyone,
(someone who believes in part cooked and part raw could be an idealist).

I keep wanting to confront the real issue, which is the toxic minds of
those who are doing the attacking. As you know I believe it is
endogenous toxicosis in the brain... toxins that accumulate as a result
of repressing anger. Toxic minded people are rigid and likely to try to
angrily impose their beliefs on others. I wish we could reach them and
steer them into recovery.

I hope that Wes continues to post the evidence he finds for eating foods
raw. It seems to support that it's the extent of cooking protein that
renders it less nutritious, and I don't see that it conflicts with
opinions that some cooking is OK and maybe useful...

My best, Ellie