RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michele Deradune <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 96 08:37:11 CST
About coffee:

I found it interesting in Joe Alexander's book, _Raw Foodist Propaganda_, (a
very funny and favorite book of mine!), he wrote that after going almost 100%
raw he continued to drink coffee -- and from the coffee, got ulcers!

About hunger:

I always have had a fear of hunger, too.  However, once I am transitioned
pretty well into a raw diet I have found that my hunger (as well as fear of it)
goes away!  More accurately, I should say that my food cravings go away.  It's
really unbelievable to me, but it really happens!  I eat a lot of green salads,
often avocados, apples, bananas, and a few nuts.  I also find that I enjoy
drinking water more (as opposed to flavorful beverages).