RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 12:23:37 GMT
>And if they were healthy? How about if they saw long-standing symptoms
>relieved once returning to a bit of cooked? How about the ill folks who eat
>instinctively and still get worse? You can't ignore some information on one
>hand and perseverate on a subset of instincto experience on the other.

>>I see now, that only small deviations from the instinctive rule lead
>>to all kinds of problems. For me these are knee aches, pimples or a
>>snuff. For others it might be a cancer or a neurodermitis that cause
>>problems again.

>And for still others it might be nothing, or even improvement. Who knows
>for sure. I was under the impression that one of Burger's daughters (the
>singer?) was anything but all-raw, that she avoided grains/dairy but ate
>"socially" much of the time otherwise. Is she disease ridden yet? I'm sure
>there are all sorts of ex-instinctos out there that you don't hear about at
>all, Karl.

Dariusz:
>>> How and why might the effects of cooked foods be more pronounced on
>>> raw-fooders as opposed to people who eat cooked regularly?

Karl:
>>the official Instincto answer :-) is that your body looses its tolerance
>>to the toxins in cooked food. So it reacts much stronger. This will
>>happen to you over and over again as your body gets more and more
>>sensitive do denaturated stuff.

>This puzzles me. If a substance becomes increasingly foreign to such a pure
>body as ORKOS instinctos have, why would it cause such a bad reaction? Why
>wouldn't the immune system simply do away with it.

>The whole bit about big reactions as proof of purity seems a bit much to me.

Lynton:
Now I couldn't claim, and don't, to be instincto; but I am giving 100Raw a
tryout.

My thinking on this reactivity to cooked foods is
(1) in processing cooked foods, the body is using the immune system to a
greater or lesser extent.
(1.1) this explains part of why people get sick, that the immune resources
are being used for digesting instead of fighting the disease.
(2) there are products of digestion of cooked foods that are not really
ready for the bodies use, ie there is a degree of cooked food that is not
digested that is absorbed ( basically thru 'holes' in the gut, I suppose).
(2.1) these difficult-to-use products are stored temporalily in various
places: in this model I am suggesting what might be happens perhaps because
of a lack of vitality.

Eating 100Raw or mostly, or adding enough food enzymes and essentials to the
meals will help the body to deal more with immunity.  Consequently,
(1) the unused, stored cooked products are excreted.
(1.1) this makes it look as if someone is getting worse (one or more of
:feeling bad, lacking in energy, strange excretions from all over the place,
etc).
"Things get worse before they get better."
(1.2) If you now go a take medicine(s) to stop the symptoms, this causes
them to stay in the body, so you might feel better but you don't get weller. ,)
(2) Once its all out, and the body is still getting properly
nutritionalized, the situation stabilises and one feels better, has more
energy and excretes more or less normally. (In my experience, and I'm still
stabilizing, this new state might be a completly new experience,  so what
'normal' is is different from what was experienced as normal before).
(3) Then, out of idle curiosity or for whatever reason, one tries some
cooked food.
(3.1) For the person with strong vitality, the immune system springs into
action, and having clear pathways for excretion and plenty of vigour to
excrete, they experience strong reactions that they maybe never had before
they began eating raw.
(3.2) For others, perhaps the system is not as cleaned up yet, and they
might actually experience a lessening of detox reactions, and feel better.

There could also be psycological factors that arise thru detoxing which need
to be dealt with.
One way is to focus on an area of interest, espescially one that you will be
able to use in the future.
And work hard at it.

I believe a degree of exercise is useful, not more than you can manage easily.

And also s L e e P i n G helps, I'm pleased to say.

Well that's how I see it, tell me if I'm wrong.

yours in ORFing,
Lynton