RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:23:43 +0200
> All those sites are talking about the desastrous impact of farmed
> salmon on wild ecosystems. The farmed  salmons are fed out of cheap
> by products of the food industry (the only way to make it worth it)
> so it will depend of the availability of those ones  locally and you
> can be sure that grain will be represented in the pellets.

Thanks, but I wasn't talking about "ordinary" farmed salmon, but about
the supposedly "naturally fed" farmed salmon that is sold in some
organic food stores here. I would be willing to consume farmed salmon
on a regular basis if I am sure that quality standards are high
enough. In the same way, I consider that organically raised land
animals are acceptable. In a local organic market is sold some
"naturally fed" Irish salmon, I wonder if this means they are fed
with seafood and not with grains?

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>