RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 1997 10:13:17 -0400
Dariusz:

> I've become very, very fond of sweet corn since my instincto ventures
> have began some 3 months ago now.  I must have eaten some 300 of them or
> so since.  It is the season for them now, and I go through quite a bit of
> trouble on a nearly daily basis to get a short-term supply of freshly cut
> ones.

For a while (a 2-3 weeks), I ate sweet corn almost every day, but after
that, they became much less attractive (and the last one I ate was
about 1 month ago). As any other cereal, corn is an extremely selected
plant, and instinctos should be moderate with it (like with fruits). Have you
ever seen indian [i.e. native American] corn? It is very tough, and not
sweet at all.

> They are grown locally and most likely with pesticides or other chemicals
> of some sort.  I wonder whether I am putting myself at any risk by not
> washing any of them that I eat (not that washing would have much of an
> effect, but there is not much else one can do if they are to remain
> uncooked).  In fact, I do nothing to the edible part before consuming it.

I find myself comfortable with a partly organic, partly non-organic diet.