RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 13:18:19 -0500
There has been no mention of vegetarism or raw food, so I assume she ate cooked
meat. It is said that:

 -she credited an occasional glass of Port wine and a diet rich in olive oil for
making her the world's oldest person
 -she took up fencing lessons at 85
 -She was still riding a bike at 100
 -She gave up cigarettes in 1995, but her doctor said her abstinence was due to
pride rather than health -- she was too blind to light up herself, and hated
asking someone to do it for her.

There is no evidence that diet can enhance maximal life span, except perhaps
calorie restriction (which has been roven to work on rats). Of course, a good
diet and a healthy lifestyle can increase median lifespane, and, more important,
health (who wants to die at 120 after having been on a wheelchair for several
years?)