RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 17:23:58 -0700
In a recent post, I said I would followup with info on the raw cheeses
available in the San Francisco area. The following list was compiled
from the items available at Whole Foods, Wild Oats, and the Berkeley
Farmer's market.

Cheese:

Redwood Hill Farm, Sebastopol, CA: raw goat milk cheese (not organic, but
they treat their goats very well, and do not kill males): feta, sharp
cheddar. (Their raw milk is excellent!)

Organic Valley brand: rennetless raw swiss, cheddar (mild & sharp).

Greenbank Farms brand: rennetless raw goat milk cheddar; raw cow's milk cheeses
include: cheddar (mild & sharp), swiss, colby, monterey jack

Organic milk is available, but it is pasteurized:  Strauss Farms (in glass,
NOT homogenized), and Horizon brand (in usual waxed cartons, may be
homogenized?).

Regards,
Tom Billings