RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 08:44:29 -1000
Sandy:
>Would you mind elaborating a little about how you found raw and cooked animal
>foods beneficial to your health and how you could distinguish the effects of
>one from the other?

Mostly, eating cooked animal foods allowed me to eat them more
consistently, which made it easier to eat lower carb (less fruit). When I
try to eat only veggies and RAF it only lasts for a few days before the RAF
falls off in attractiveness and then I'm back to fruit. Limiting fruit for
long periods of time helps me to stay clear of the blood sugar game of
relying on fruit.

I still eat RAF as well as CAF. There is some difference in effect: the RAF
seems to digest/metabolize "cleaner". For example, if I eat canned salmon I
will smell it a half hour later in my urine, whereas with raw salmon, fresh
or aged, there is no such odor. How important that is I am not sure.

I have trouble distinguishing the effects of raw vs cooked since they both
seem equally beneficial. We recently had some blood work sent in so it will
be interesting to see if my lipid profile and ESR agree that cooked animal
foods are beneficial to me ;)

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft