RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 09 Oct 1996 07:39:04 -0700
while eating alfalfa sprout/avocado nori rolls (vegan biogenic
sushi?), an acquaintance told me of an occurence years ago at esalen.
located along highway 1 in big sur, esalen hosts many new age speakers
and holds workshops year round on "paradigm shifting" topics.  (...
aquarian conspiracy ...)
	swami banana gave a workshop there at one point, dressed in
yellow with dark brown/black spots.  people did the breathing &
meditation as instructed, despite the crates of bananas onstage.  at the
end of the program, micheal murphy (founder of esalen) told everyone that
they'd taken part in a joke/hoax/mindfuck/game/play/experiment.  he
offered to refund money to those who felt cheated, and opened the
facilities for the next week to all who cared to stay.  many insisted
they'd reached new depths of peace & fulfillment with the help of swami
banana.
	green bananas?  not for me, thanks.  my last year of high school
involved, among other things, buying 40 pound crates of organic bananas &
keeping them in my room to slowly ripen.  turning almost completely dark,
the inside would remain pristine white.  amazing what lack of handling
will do to the "bruising problem."  i've heard folklore about the workers
at banana plantations eating bananas green, considering them overripe at
the yellow stage!  any confirmation of this?
	when i saw reverend viktoras kulvinskas at a whole life expo in
san francisco, he noted that bananas formed the foundation of his diet at
that point in his journey.  i smiled and thought of my crate back home.
i remember brian clement speaking on that live food panel as well, going
off about electricity in raw food.  quite a day...
	anyone know if banana happened to pass their lips before any
other "solid" food?  (solid = not human breast milk)

yabba banana doo,
		 bodhi