RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:17:13 -0800
>Greetings,
>I was curious about a statement below regarding the use of grains.  How
>do you eat the grains raw?  I have always found this to be more than I
>could manage as grain is so darn hard to chew.  Also what signs would
>one regard as indicating  the need for grains in the body?

grains  and pulses should never be eaten dry they contain antinutrients ,
enzyme inhibitors that make them not very  assimilable.
To eat them raw they have to be either freshly harvested in the milky stage
or rehydrated and sprouted .
There they can make a cheap nutritive ( protein rich , ) addition to a
frutarian diet when fruits and vegetables reveal themselves insuficiante to
whoever hold on on staying vegetarian.

jean-claude