RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:29:23 EST
Hi Stefan!

<< I have problems with some lousy grams of salt! For me personally it might
mean that my kidneys haven't recovered fully from my heavy metal
intoxification yet. >>

That is interesting too.  I have had all the mercury removed from my lower
jaw, but I still have about 5 cavities filled with mercury on my upper jaw.
Do you think this might be related?

<< On one hand you write, you have problems with little amounts of salt (so I
guess you avoid it), on the other, that you lose lots of water if you go on a
fast. >>

Yes, I do avoid salt.  I don't use table salt at all.  I do keep trying to eat
seaweed, since I keep hearing good things about it, and it tastes very
delicious to me, but I am about to give up since I invariably seem to feel
"blown up" and itchy and lousy afterwards.

As far as fasting - my complaint is that my body seems to be retaining an
awfully huge amount of water - as I said earlier 15 pounds, which seems like a
lot to me.  I am assuming that this is again somehow related to salt, but I'm
not sure how.  It bothers me that I have to be MORE careful with my choice of
foods, rather than less careful, as time goes on.  I've been on a very good
diet for most of the past 20 years, or so I thought.  But water retention
"runs" in my family - and whatever the imbalance, I seem to have this too.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,  Love Liza