RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 12:32:45 GMT
At 07:20 PM 11/4/97 -0800, you wrote:
>My cholesterol was usually around 190 until I started eating lots of raw
>meat. It dropped to around 170 and the ratio of total to HDl dropped from
> 3/1 to 2/1. One day I ate a dozen eggs, next day the total was 188, but
>the HDL was high..91. Recently I increased the amount of fat, eating lots
>of marrow, and I had it tested again. It was 148. My triglycerides are
>also low.

Thank you for that - I had for a while been wondering if the problem with
fats and cholesterol was perhaps due mainly to the difference between raw
and cooked fats.  While I don't have a clue about my c~ levels, I do find
certain cuts of beef fats rather beneficial. (Still eating rather
conservatively of fats as yet - what sorts of quantities do people eat, and
of exactly which bits of fats?)