RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Seagoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 1997 11:46:03 -0800
Hi Ellie, thanks for the reply.

Ellie wrote:
>I think anger (an instinctive emotion ...) when it is suppressed becomes
>repressed anger and eventually rage. I think 'suppress' means the act
>of pushing down feelings and 'repressed' refers to those feelings
>which were suppressed.

So, rage is what happens when one has lost touch with what was the
source of the anger?  And 'suppress' is the cause, and 'repress' is the
effect?

Ellie:
>Repressed anger will have its way out in detox crises and then it can
>be expressed as rage, often vicariously at the wrong person.
When I expressed my anger (or rage, whichever, hard to know for
sure), I may have detoxified myself but sent toxins out to anyone
unfortunate enough to read it!  One detox for many intoxes.  Not such a
good bargain!   :-(

Back atcha,
Martha