RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 10:59:51 -0500
Hi Tom!

I'm new to the intetnet, as well as to the whole vegetarian/vegan/raw
community, too.  But when I first came across the Nature's First Law stuff
a couple of months ago,  I really thought these guys sounded nutso - and
thought they were either really young, idealistic, and not raw-foodists for
a long enough period for problems in health to show up yet; or that they
are just typical greedy opportunists who saw a clever way to take advantage
of the public's addiction to food and desperate need for dietary help by
making a dishonest buck.

   You write:
> << ...thrown off one e-mail list for hostile behavior, and thrown off
> another for making what many considered a hateful, racist remark about
> the Inuit, and hostile behavior.>>

What is this? I didn't know people could get thrown off lists!!  I'll tell
you what - there is someone on the Bionomic Nutrition Forum that seems to
write in solely for the opportunity to be able to attack, insult, show
himself superior to everyone, etc. - and this person is not knowledgeable
or rigorous in their thinking or well informed at all.  I was figuring
that is just a phenomenon of internet lists - there are just people out
there with nothing better to do than waste their time this way.  Sooooo -
you can actually get thrown off  of a list!! Hahahahahahaah!!! Interesting!!

You write:
> << As for negativity, look at NFL's record: hostility, threats
> (including what appeared to be an implicit death threat against me),
> considered to be bigots by many, shown to be plagiarist, intellectually
> dishonest. NFL is the most negative thing I have ever seen in rawism. >>

A DEATH threat against you?? When? Why? Is this because you are showing
them up for their foolishness in pulic,  threatening to their pocket-book?
And what have they plagarized? And why do you say the MOST negative thing
you've seen in rawism - is negativity a phenomenon seen elsewhere in
rawism? I ask these questions because it helps me to understand the
psychology and sociology operating in this community, so I can read what's
written and know what the motivations, biases, assumptions, fears, etc.
are - then I can deciper the information better to make my own decisions.
To put it simpler - ya gotta know who you're talkin' to.

I didn't even bother to read what those people have to say in those long
emails that were posted yesterday - it just all appears stupid to me. But
me and Genie (my husband) did have a long, long incredulous laugh at the
part on "Breatharianism."  Now just exactly how do they pull this one off?
Do they sneak food in secret? Do they drink something and pretend this
doesn't pass for food? Do they have water laced with something?
Breatharianism!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  Hysterical!  I wonder what his
parents the two M.D.s are thinking about him now!! Really funny.

Anyway - thanks so much for your illuminating and cut-them-off-at-the-pass
letter. Nice to read it.

Lots of Love,  Liza