RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chet Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 11:38:51 +0000
Jackson:
> What's illness-promoting about steamed vegetables?

Chet:
Nothing, though some on the list will disagree. We find that most
folks feel and do better when they have some cooked food each day.
Dr. Christopher Gian-Cursio, a pioneer 20th century Hygienist, had a
patient who was very committed to an all-raw diet. This man did heavy
labor for a living and was extremely thin. He could not put on a bit
of weight no matter how much he ate. As an experiment, Dr. Cursio had
him eat steamed kale every evening. The man promptly started putting
on weight, even though calorically this addition to his diet should
have made absolutely no difference. Cursio hypothesized that the
steamed vegetable helped build a better bowel flora and thus improved
digestion.

Though I have long spells of eating all raw (no flesh), I can tell no
difference in health when I have some steamed veggies on cooked brown
rice or a baked potato or yam or so on.

There are those who will claim there's only ONE way to eat... they
are usually the people who haven't been at this very long or who say
one thing but actually practice something quite different.

I would encourage you to experiment for yourself and find what works
best for YOUR body.

Hope this helps.

Chet Day

Learn God's Way to Ultimate Health at Hallelujah Acres Online:
http://hacres.com