RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 15:38:56 +0100
Tom,

>For example, all Bayesian procedures, and many common frequentist procedures,
>make assumptions about the distribution of the data, or the errors in
>the data. That assumption, however, may be extremely hard to test.

Do you think that, in some situations, these assumptions are obviously
met, like when the random variable only takes two values?

Example: take the 3-year survival rate in a double-blind study, some
patients being administered drug A and others drug B. The random
variable takes 2 values, 0 if the patient dies, 1 if the patient
survives. If calculations are done carefully, P-values should be
correct?

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>

P.S. I have a PhD in mathematics, but don't know much about
statistics, and my knowledge of probability theory is limited to
undergraduate level.