RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Roy Holman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 10:47:23 EDT
Hola Janis,

Bravo!  Thank you for your wonderful insights and realizations that joy and
health and healing entail much more than the purely - often rigidly - physical
and food routes alone.  Eating our way to God and bliss doesn't work.  It
almost seems to me that the loving route is to first tackle the emotional and
spiritual needs, and then we naturally choose the most healthy, delicious
foods.

Also, with regard to food (or any) addictions, I read a quote the other day
that really hit home, and brought up some anger (because it is exactly what
I've done to myself):  "The reason you have the addiction is to bleed off the
lifeforce, so that there is no danger of ever becoming enlightened."  Focusing
on food, for me, became one way to avoid my real issues, and dim my light.
Too many times in the past I was "whacked" physically or energetically for
showing my true power, so I learned to avoid both my power and my pain - keep
me in the "discomfort zone" of familiarity.

It's time to shine!

Love,

Roy