RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 17:53:03 -0700
Hi,

> Believe it or not, there are actually companies that do not heat oils above
> 96 F.  They are few and far inbetween, due to the fact that cold-pressing is
> less efficient, more costly, and provides less yield.

Spectrum is known for their cold pressed oil products and I've been
using theirs for a few years now.

> One company that I do know of that actually provides cold-pressed (not
> heated above 96 F) oils:

They are also the only producer of food grade cold pressed hemp seed
oil.  In this country this oil is legal, but the raw seed is illegal
unless sterilized.  But in TCM this seed has been used for a long time
for certain cleansing and anti-aging treatments, and i recent found out
it his very rich in linoleic or omega6 fatty acids, and has also has
omega3 or alpha linolenic fatty acid, which would confirm the TCM age
old uses.

regards