RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 12:24:06 -0400
Dariusz:

>Please tell me how you might store your fish (fridge, freezer), and how to
>best keep it fresh for as long as possible.  That is if you do store it in
>this way, and DO aim at keeping it fresh for alap.  If you do air-dry it,
>please repeat how it is best done.  If at room temperature, do you just
>leave it open to air, or put in a closed container or which?

The methods for fish and meat are the same. Most instinctos don't like fresh
RAF. I think you didn't enjoy your ground veal because it was too fresh.
You should try to let your meat or fish age a few days (I personally use a
paperclip to hang steaks or fish fillets at the bottom of the refrigerator).
The method of course doesn't work for ground meat...

The following is from Kirt, on Jul 30, 1997 (so you should have read it):