RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 10:37:51 +0200
Lance:

> I'm moving to Poland soon.  I consider greens very important to my diet.
> My Polish friend doesn't eat greens, because she thinks there is lead in
> it (from pollution).  Other people say the greens are okay.  Has anyone
> heard of this happening?  How do I verify such a "rumor?"

I guess it depends how close to industrial areas these vegetables are
grown, and how polluting these industries are... I don't know about
Poland, but the info at

http://www.maff.gov.uk/food/infsheet/1998/No150/150milk.htm

seems to show that lead concentrations are low in vegetables produced
near industrial sites in the UK.

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>