RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loren Lockman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 12:38:01 EDT
Dear Tom,

I read the entire Beyond Veg site, and find nothing but opinion backed
by
partial information.

I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone take this site seriously, or
recommend
anything written there as being the least bit authoritative or
conclusive.
In fact, this may well be the most poorly supported material I've ever
seen.
With a background in science, I read everything I can find on health
and
nutrition, and then weigh it based on the strength of the support, and
the
methods used.

As I mentioned, there are so called experts who can be called upon to
support almost any position.  The "expertise" called upon by Beyond
Veg is
questionable at best, and obviously chosen to try to support a
one-sided
position.

I believe what I believe, and you believe what you believe.  I won't
waste
any time trying to convince you of anything, and you might want to
save your
time as well.

My beliefs are formed not just from my own opinion from one failed
personal
experiment, as yours seem to be, but from years of personal
experience, both
with my own health, and with the many people I have worked with.

I didn't come to Raw Veganism because it looked attractive, or because
I had
some philosophical reason to do it.  I came because my research into
human
nutrition proved to me that it made perfect sense.  I no more wanted
to give
up my cooked foods than do you.

My experience has been that it works for everyone who follows my
directions.
I'm sorry that you were unable to find optimal health on the perfect
diet.
Undoubtedly, there are other unresolved issues, that if taken care of,
would
allow you to experience the same energy, strength, and vigor as do the
rest
of us.

You could find some help from a practitioner who understands the
body's
needs and physiology, and figure out and remedy those issues.

Alternatively, you could wage a disinformation campaign, and focus the
attention on the "shortcomings" of the diet/lifestyle, rather than
looking
honestly at your self.  But you've already done that.

As I mentioned recently, during and after your recent personal
attacks, I
heard from many people directly, several of whom said they have also
been
raw vegan for a while, and have also reduced their daily caloric
intake to
"impossibly low levels."  These people did not write through the
network
because they were not willing to be targets of personal attacks by you
and
others.

For those of you out there who may be a bit more open-minded than Tom,
simply say that there is a wealth of research to back up the points
I've
made which Tom disputes today.

If you haven't already looked at the Beyond Veg website that he keeps
referring to, and you have an hour or so to kill (literally), and
you'd like
a good laugh, take a look at the "science" that "proves" his points.

I find your positions laughable Tom.  Much like the person who looks
at a
puzzle and declares it "impossible" simply because he can't do it,
never
imagining (or wanting to believe) that there may be others that can,
and
that he, in fact, may be approaching the whole puzzle the wrong way.

You can find "scientists" all day long who are in the middle or the
back of
the bell curve, spouting the same "facts" which have long been
disproved,
but which support their own precious position.

Your world is flat, Tom, and your Sun revolves around the earth.

How can you know that I'm not also using outdated information to
support my
position?  You can't.  Unless:

1) You do your own research, which I recommend
2) You get some help in making a transition and try for yourself
3) You see that I have no reason to make these things up.

That some people believe it impossible to live (and live at an
incredibly
high level of health!) on calorie levels that some believe to be
"starvation" levels, doesn't change the fact that it's true.  Instead,
it
points  out what I have been saying all along; that we do ourselves a
disservice by claiming something is not possible simply because we
can't do it,
and some scientist(s) say it can't be done.

Namaste,

Loren