RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 13:36:43 -0700
Hi all,

I hesitate to post at all on this topic, and then thought, well it
might, unlikely as it may be, help someone stranded somewhere, so on the
topic of urine . . .

> Liza writes:
> I see urine as a waste product, which should not be used as food. I think the
> idea of drinking it is repugnant for a reason. Under what circumstances do you
> recommend urine drinking to improve health, John?

I recommend drinking urine if you are stranded somewhere without any
moist foods or fresh water, when your survival depends on adequate
moisture.  We can all survive a little while without food, but not very
long at all without water.  I was taught the following by someone who
took a survivalist class:  If possible, urinate into a container; let it
stand for a minimum of 2 minutes, but preferably a few more, and drink
the top 90-95%, discarding the part that settles to the bottom, which
will contain the heaviest, most toxic waste products your body doesn't
want.

I have heard this routine is supposed to have some healing properties,
yet, I would never recommend this as a normal practice and find the idea
repulsive.  But if my survival depended on it . . .

regards, roberta