RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 07:09:44 -0700
Rex:
>Finally, I would like to say that attacking such as Shelton by implying his
>message was unsound because he had Parkinson's disease is horseshit.  I know a bit
>about the etiology and progression of PD and clearly understand that neither
>improved diet nor fasting can reverse the brain damage once done.  However, both

Tom:
The points here are very clear, as follows.

1. Diet guru claims to develop the ultimate diet/health system.

2. Diet guru claims said system will cure or prevent all diseases.

3. Diet guru gets sick with serious disease, and the diet system
does not cure or prevent it.

Conclusion:

Points 1 and/or 2 above must be false -OR- the guru does not follow the
system (hypocrisy? laziness?).   <-- note: OR is inclusive, not exclusive.

This logic is applicable ONLY to those gurus who claim their
system is "ultimate", "perfect", "ideal", or similar.  The above logic
does not apply to diet gurus with enough sense to have a bit of humility,
and admit that they - and their health - are NOT perfect.

So, indeed, those who promote their health systems as, in effect, gods,
must meet the expectations of gods.

I think Shelton deserves respect - but not for his flawed diet/health system.
Shelton went to jail for his beliefs - what modern diet guru would do that?

P.S. the above is logic, not "horseshit".  :-)

Tom Billings