RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 10:02:30 -0700
At 9/28/01 11:39 PM +0100, Martha wrote:

 >Hello David. Different types of foods leave different residues in the
body as a by product of their >metabolism. Protein leaves an acid ash and
fruits and vegetables an alkaline ash. This is not >my personal idea but it
is widely known in the alternative field.

I was hoping for something more specific. A lot of things are widely
"known" in the alternative field. However this does not necessarily mean
that they are true. They may be true or as I found out - they may not be.
As a long term raw fooder (started in 1986), I have learned to trust my
body. My body tells like when it is out of balance and I have learned ways
to bring it back into balance. This is more dependable for me that
depending on "EXPERTS" statements. I try ideas that seem interesting and
only adopt the ones that work for me. I have tried vegetarian and vegan and
fruitarian and instincto. Once I felt the difference that the RAF made, I
knew what I should be eating. .

The real question one should be asking is what difference (assuming that
these acid/alkaline ashes are true) does this make to our bodies? My body
seems to handle this without problems so I wonder where these ideas come
from. YMMV