RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 09:05:20 -0800
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>:
>What is this? I didn't know people could get thrown off lists!!  I'll tell
>you what - there is someone on the Bionomic Nutrition Forum that seems to
>write in solely for the opportunity to be able to attack, insult, show
>himself superior to everyone, etc. - and this person is not knowledgeable or

Tom:
Internet lists are all private entities, and one can be removed from a list
at the discretion of the moderator/owner. Some lists don't remove people,
others do. NFL was removed from this list for cause - a long period of
hostility (among other negative things). It's all in the archives - check
the period November 96 - January 97, for the "great debate" that NFL lost.

As for the Bionomic Forum, I will simply say that I have had differences
in the past, with certain people on that list, and will not join that list.
I prefer to avoid confrontations with those who find it difficult to be
civil when you challenge their fantasies and idealism about "lunch". You
might consider unsubscribing if that list does not appeal to you.

Liza May <[log in to unmask]>:
>A DEATH threat against you?? When? Why? Is this because you are showing them
>up for their foolishness in pulic,  threatening to their pocket-book?  And
>what have they plagarized? And why do you say the MOST negative thing you've
>seen in rawism - is negativity a phenomenon seen elsewhere in rawism? I ask

Tom:
The threat was made in June/July of this year, just before they were thrown
off the new veg-raw list. I have it in my personal archives (the new veg-raw
does not have a web site archive like raw-food has). It was something on
the order of "how long do you think you would last in a jungle against me,
no laws" [not their exact words - paraphrased]. I consider that an "I want
to kill you, and would if I could get away with it" statement, hence an
implicit death threat.

As to why they did it, only they know the real reasons. I can only guess.
I think there are many reasons, but a major one, is that they don't
like my opposition to their hostile, negative, dishonest style.

Plagiarism - they plagiarized a book by Philip Johnson, "Darwin on Trial".
It was well documented on this list - check the archives, and search for
the key word: plagiarism  (limit search to the last 5 months). Ward
made a set of posts that illustrates their plagiarism.

Yes - negativity can be found elsewhere in rawism. The NFL gang are not
the only negative, hostile zealots in the raw world. There are a lot
more, some of whom are nearly as bad as NFL.

Liza May <[log in to unmask]>:
>But me
>and Genie (my husband) did have a long, long incredulous laugh at the part on
>"Breatharianism."  Now just exactly how do they pull this one off? Do they
>sneak food in secret? Do they drink something and pretend this doesn't pass
>for food? Do they have water laced with something? Breatharianism!!!

Tom:
I bought the book by Jasmuheen, who claims to be a breatharian. (I got it
directly from Australia.) I have not had time to read it, and have only
skimmed parts of it. However, something that I saw in her newsletter after
I ordered the book, that gave reason for concern: she claims that one can
be a breatharian and eat for purely social reasons, or even for fun.  That
suggests to me the kind of dishonesty that is common in the fruitarian
movement: "I'm a pure 100% raw fruitarian, and never backslide" - most,
perhaps all, of the people who claim this usually engage in binge eating,
"exceptions" (also known as cheating), eating in  secret, and simply lie
about their eating (and dietary purity). A "breatharian" who eats socially,
or just for fun? Sounds like a contradiction to me.

Liza May <[log in to unmask]>:
>Anyway - thanks so much for your illuminating and cut-them-off-at-the-pass
>letter. Nice to read it.

Tom:
Thanks for your comments!

Regards,