RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 16:32:37 -1000
Christopher:
>Some of his criticisms are valid, and we can count on Tom and Kirt --
>reformed idealists like Raso himself -- to keep us honest, reminding us of
>the excesses of "dietary extremists" like Arnold Ehret, Herbert Shelton,
>and Guy-Claude Burger.
>
>But let's not be too hard on those guys.  For all their undeniable
>excesses, where would we be without them?  Who among us, without their
>charismatic, paradigm-busting zeal, would ever have broken free of the
>dietary mainstream?

Perhaps those of us who have learned from charistmatic, paradigm-busting
zeal have what it takes to have broken free from both the dietary
mainstream _and_ the dietary margins. The dietary (or other) mainstream has
no corner on paradigms which may not be useful.

We might be even harder on Ehret, Shelton, and Burger than we are are the
mainstream, precisely because they claim to have the only corner on the
Truth. At least the mainstream admits they don't know the etiology of most
diseases, nor the reasons most medicines work (or don't), nor the cure to
most (any?) diseases. The gurus, on the other hand have an answer for
everything, and since they appear to avoid the scrutiny of science, we have
to take their word for it all---so, yeah, lets hold the gurus to a higher
standard of honesty, lets hold them accountable for the damage they cause,
and for dang sure, hold them accountable for their criminal acts as they
are exposed. Cutting them slack is embarrassing.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft