RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"karen kellock Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 11:11:43 -0700
they mottled, decayed and turned to dust.  It cost me 15 grand to get
my
mouth restored, only to have the enamel chip again because I insisted
on
remaining fruitarian.  I don't think it was the sugar because early on
recognized the problem with hyperinsulinism and stuck to non-sweet
fruit.
I believe the problem was lack of protein.  Highly proteinized
paleo-cultures
had strong bones and teeth, were taller, and did not suffer from
degenerative
diseases (heart, diabetes, high-blood pressure etc) that more
agricultural
-carbohydrate-prone cultures (e.g. Egyptian) did, who had diets more
like the
rawfoodists of today.  I suppose if eating much fructose you would do
better
to brush every time, but i really think, after studying paleoscience,
the
problem lies in not having the paleo (evolutionary) diet of
high-animal
protein, high-fat, and very low carbohydrate.

My health--physical, emotional and mental--was ruined in these ways:
hyperinsulinism, extreme protein malnourishment and consequent
immunosuppressance
(lack of immunity) which then led to hyper-sensitivity to chemicals
and odors
(making it impossible to be around people), extreme nervousness mixed
with fatigue,
mood swings (often uncontrollable anger--a usual consquence of
elevated insulin),
bad teeth and ostereoporosis, thining hair, rashes and exzema (which
have cleared
beautifully) not to mention dry, uneven skin texture, extreme acid
reflux,
respiratory ailments in the form of a cough I had for twenty years
(which I always
attributed to "cleansing") and which has since cleared up beautifully,
insomnia,
uncontrollable cravings, extreme leg cramps at night, 15 hospital
visits in twenty
years (usually from crashing with all organs working at only 10% of
capacity), an
emaciated body mixed with uncitely "fat pockets" which I could never
get rid of
(all gone now), sagging, "aging" skin like chicken-skin on the inside
of arms and
legs, though emaciated (all smooth and sleek now), what I call "touchy
isolationism"
where hypersensitivity drove me into hermit-like existence the last 15
years
(previous to that I was just "crazy" from being trapped in
relationships who
"didn't understand me."

These are only to mention a few.  I now have two webcites which will
enumerate each
and every one of these maladies.  Also see beyondveg.com for a like
description of
twenty-year fruitarians and the amazing health benefits for going
beyond all these
fringe diets and just eating paleo:  fruits, vegetables or raw, as our
ancestors
did 2.5 millions years ago.  Avoid agricultural--grains, beans , rice,
etc

I figure the best diet for me is fish and cheese.  Can't believe those
words
when I say them, I was so hypnotized by the "party line" of the
fruitarian movement.
But these are proteins that more subtle for a hyper-sensitive like
myself.  Tuna
out of a can, with salad of celery and onion and olive oil; or just
plain cheese
--I prefer provolone.  just a piece of cheese the size of a half
dollar serves as
a meal, so that I can go for a day without eating.  it's much less
trouble than
fruitarianism and I feel immeasurably better and more stable.