RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ben Odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:29:46 -0600
>Would you mind being more specific about how eating raw meat has healed you?
>Were you on  totally raw vegan diet previous to this so you could see the
>difference between raw and raw with meat?

(I'll use RAF for raw animal foods and CAF for cooked animal foods).

As I stated, the main reason I looked into RAF was due to reading the work of
Aajonus Vonderplanitz, Weston Price, Francis Pottenger, and Ronald Schmid.

In the beginning, I was very psychologically "blocked" to eating RAF.  I started
just by nibbling on some sliced, uncooked beef (strip steak).  Through time, I
became more accustomed to the taste.  As I ate more RAF I began to notice the
following:

- I could digest a great deal more RAF than CAF.  RAF digested extremely easy.
- Over a few months of time, I began to notice enhanced muscle tone with no
excercise. (Yeah, laugh if you want, but it's true)
- In general, my feeling of health greatly improved through consistent
consumption of RAF.  Physically I saw obvious improvements in skin, hair, and
strength.

In the first 6 months of eating RAF I didn't particularly "enjoy" it, but I was
excited at the health results.  After the first year, I truly have begun to
enjoy the taste and texture of the RAF, even more so than the CAF.

The only undesired "side-effect" of eating a mostly raw diet with lots of RAF
has been that whatever capacity my body had developed to digest CAF well pretty
much went buh-bye.  Even rare-cooked steaks at restaurants leave me with a great
deal of indigestion.  I can still digest cooked starches such as potatoes,
beans, but I find less of a desire to eat them as I eat a lot of RAF.

Unlike Kirt I have found better results as I eat _more_ RAF.  I typically
consume more than a pound of beef per day, usually in the form of steaks (which
can get expensive).  I know it may sound like a lot, but in my personal case it
really made the difference.  I'll continue to consume the large amounts of RAF
as long as I continue to see these beneifts.

I personally believe that differing people may have different abilities to
digest cooked foods.  I think the body has limited abilities to adapt to the
cooked food, because I have friends that seem to do fine with good amounts of
CAF, while others can't digest it too well.  Now, that may be a load of horse
crap, but that's my personal experience.

>I'm a raw vegan but am considering adding animal foods if they are really
>beneficial.

Well after a few months of experimentation I'm sure you'll figure out whether or
not it's good for you.  Whatever you decide to experiment with Sandy, I wish you
the best of luck.  Just listen to your body and see what works for you.
Experimenting with RAF is surely a large leap from Vegan practices, but it will
be fun and I'm sure you'll learn something new from your experiences.

Have fun.

Regards,

Ben