RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Hovila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:12:29 -0700
The following message from Nazariah ([log in to unmask]) was
mistakenly
posted to another raw list.  As a courtesy to him I am forwarding it
this list, which is the one he intended to post it to.  I will also
add
that Nazariah is evidently not a subscriber to this list, so he will
not
see any responses posted to it unless they are also sent to him.

Hi folks!
Though I am too busy to participate on this board on a regular basis,
was told by a friend who does participate that I was recently
criticized
for having written a positive book review of David Wolf's new book
"Sunfood Diet". The argument was that the Natures First Law guys
plagiarized some material in one of their earlier books. Well,
in regard to the alleged plagiarism, I have heard so many completely
different versions of that story as to make one thing very clear:
a lot of people must have the facts wrong. The version that my closest
friends have told me is this: One of the Natures First Law guys, not
David Wolf, had a grandfather who years before had written a book on
raw foods. He supplied David with some material from that book without
telling him the source. Thus, if that version is accurate, it was no
plagiarism by David. But regardless of the various slanderous stories
circulated by gossip mongers, my opinion of David Wolf is based on my
own personal experience of him. Based on my own personal experience of
him, I only believe the following to be true:
1) David Wolf is the number one living exponent of raw foods in the
   world today. He is personally responsible for more people going raw
   than anyone. His enthusiasm and energy are amazing and contagious.
2) David Wolf is a deeply spirtual being who radiates love and
   compassion.
3) David Wolf is helping to change the world for the better in a very
   powerful way.
4) David Wolf's new book is the first to handle the emotional/mental
   aspects of going raw in an effective way.
5) If instead of criticize him (or anyone else), the gossip mongers
   were to implement the profound wisdom in "The Sunfood Diet" in
their
   own life, they would experience an elevation in their consciousness
   and no longer be hanging out in the cosmic sewer system which is
the
   gossip mill.

Since I was told that on this list not only myself but also my fellow
Essene ministers  Gabriel Cousens and Viktoras Kulvinskas were also
blasted for endorsing David's new book, I can only say: I am sure
happy
to be included in the company of Viktoras, Gabriel, and David Wolf!
Those
three brothers are right at the top of the list of spreading raw food
vegetarianism all over this planet. More than that, they are all three
great people, deeply spiritual, and my dear friends. And guess what?
If
any of them ever do make mistakes, I will talk to them in private
about
it and forgive them. I have made plenty of mistakes in my own life and
bet the gossip mongers have as well. The main difference between
Gabriel,
Viktoras, David Wolf, and the gossip mongers is this: the gossip
mongers
have as many -- or more -- sins but far less actual record of good
works.
Thus, in honor of my friend and personal hero David Wolf, I submit the
following verses, written by "Anonymous":
"If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true
enemies; succeed anyway. What you spend years building, they may
destroy overnight; build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous and scorn; be joyous anyway. The good you do
today,
they often will forget tomorrow; do good anyway. Give the world the
best
you have, and it will never be enough; give the world the best you
have
anyway. You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it
was
never between you and them, anyway."
Love, Nazariah